If you want to use information of this site,
please use a link to my page instead of copying parts of my pages.
In that way the information will be the most up-to-date! Please also read “About”
You can copy the URL or use this link to use on forums and such:
Kikuboshi – Takehana
Company: “Takehana-Kikuboshi”, Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Kanda;
The company/brand “Takehana“, founded in Kanda, Tokyo, 1924, was
one of the first stores in Japan that sold Western shaving products.
This company changed its name from “Takehana” to “Kikuboshi” in 1941.
“Takehana” and “Kikuboshi” are brands from the same company.
Razors, engraved “Takehana” are therefore made before 1941.
- 172 Takehana, FEON, Pure Steel Made, Takehana Razors Co., 40318
- 1880 Takehana, FEON, Pure Steel Made, Takehana Razors Co., 70213 & 81111 (?)
菊星 = Kikuboshi (Kiku = “chrysanthemum”)
- A-1 Kikuboshi
- 94 Kikuboshi (= a “smiling” razor), R. Saito KRG ,W-2, Extra Hollow Ground
(→ Also see R. saitō – KRG – Ribbon Co.)
On this razor, the trademark is placed upside down
(point of star is facing down)
- 135 Kikuboshi (= a “smiling” razor), Detachable Razor, R.SAITO, “KRG”
135 Kikuboshi (= a “smiling” razor), R.SAITO, “KRG”, W-2, Extra Hollow Ground,
- 165 Kikuboshi (= a “smiling” razor), SK-1
- 182 Kikuboshi Extra Hollow Ground, 40318, PAT. 28248, since the “Takehana”, Takehana Razors Co., FEON 172, also has the number 40318, and this razor has the Pat. nmr., it could be a razor just after the separation/name change in 1941!
- 574 FEON, Kikuboshi razor.s Co.
- 830 Kikuboshi Extra Hollow Ground, Kikuboshi razor.s Co
- 2002 Kikuboshi
(Probably 術 = sube/jutsu = way; method; means)
- 6800 FEON, Swedish Steel, Kikuboshi razor.s Co. FT.
- 8300 Kikuboshi Company’s
- 8600 Kikuboshi, extra hollow ground, PERFECT WORKS, silver steel
PERFECT WORKS is also seen on Tanifuji razors, Also see → Tanifuji (Fukutarō)
Mostly “Kikuboshi” are hollow ground straight razors (Western style)
There are also kamisori ground razors though:
- 24 Kikuboshi